8.02.2008

DAY 3...IN A BANDON BY THE SEA

I have been So excited to go visit this little town by the sea.  Bandon is famous for being a quiet little nook where your worries are sweep away with the tide.  Where serenity & simplicity are at your fingertips.  The small resort town is quaint and inviting, with a few fun little shops as well as one of a kind fish and chips shacks.

This was clearly my favorite day, however...the SADDEST as well.  We lost our memory chip of all the pictures we took in the morning while aggott hunting through the large beach boulders. I remember thinking while we were collecting rocks, of a great quote I found a few years ago that says:

..............................................................

"A Mother understands that some memories are better captured by the heart than by a camera"

...............................................................

I had put my camera down to soak in this memory with Todd and the kids.  However,  we also climbed up on top of a large rock and Brian took lots of shots of our family with the beach, rocks and ocean backdrop.  He took a ton... I have NONE of those.  Even though I have a TON of the rest of the day.  The beautiful pebbled sand and our family on the rocks is gone. :0(  Now I truly do have my most favorite beach memory of our trip tucked away safely in my heart where it will never be lost.

We shopped for a bit and ate lunch at the outdoor fish and chips shack.  No pics (sad) but we did get a few souvenirs and pebbles in our pockets. 

We came home and had a little fiesta.  Heather cooked Halibut and we made fresh salsa and lime rice.  It was DE-lish!  We just happened to overcook that night and had lots of leftovers.

Todd played ball outside with the kids for a while, even Jackson finally warmed up to him and let Todd hold him while they played. 

Then Brian used his expertise and made cute little casts for the kids to take home.  He was so good with them.  The kids loved it.

Lots of photos, but this is my way of journaling the D's for our family.

IMG_8496-1

IMG_8498-1 IMG_8507-1   IMG_8488-1  001-1

004 (2)-1  015 (2)-1IMG_8512-1021 (2)-1 026 (2)-1  030 (2)-1 031 (2)-1 050 (2)-1IMG_8500-1IMG_8517-1 035-1        IMG_8522-1 IMG_8520-1

6 comments:

6Whittiers said...

Sounds like so much! Did you take the photos? They are so great-- superb job!!

Anonymous said...

Candy,
I always enjoy your new blogs. I love the effects on the pics. A photographic memory is great for these times when a camera is not available. Not to mention the blog to reflect and remind us of the great times.
Love ya,
Sarah

Heather said...

So much fun for us to have you here! We'll maybe head back to Banden on Wed or Sat to look for your memory chip. . .

LL said...

AMAZING pictures!!!

Jessica said...

Love the pics! Are you doing them in photoshop?

Lake-Allen said...

Oh Candy,
Looks like a great trip! You took wonderful pictures. Aren't road trips fun(the road part of it)?!! Lesa