When we got home from Oregon, we settled back the best we could before Friday when I went in for a Root Canal- YUK! It was NOT fun. However, I did get a hefty dose of the Laughing Gas, and I must say...hmm. I felt a little tingly there for a while.
Sunday we had our niece and nephew over to spend the night while their parents were away. We were excited to have them with us. We also had a fun double surprise show up that day. My brother Cameron and his 3 kids were in town for the day and were able to stop by for a few hours so we could see them. They strolled in right as our BIGGEST surprise drove up as well...the one Todd's been waiting for...'all this time'....our PUPPY! I mean HIS PUPPY! After over 9 weeks of waiting for him to say goodbye to Oklahoma, he finally made the journey westward.
We really LOVE him. All of us do. Even me. I am just a little ornery though, trying to get used to the whole responsibility thing, and potty nuisance, but I guess I'll have to get used to that somehow. The kids simply adore him. He is a fun little thing. Pretty mellow, which is surprising to us. But fun to play with and loves to cuddle- how long with that last? And after a year of putting off baby hunger, I suddenly realized the urge might be coming back. I find myself trying to pick the little guy up, swaddle him in a blanket and turn him sideways to rock in my arms. And then I realize, it's a puppy for cry'n out loud.
Anyway, John, Anne & Chad brought him over and reluctantly said their goodbye's after being attached from only one day of babysitting him.
So here's our cute little arrival gang cheering on our new little baby...
CHAMP.
Welcome to our family, little pup. You are finally home!
Sean, Cameron, Stockton, Todd, Chandlie, Alyssa, Liz, Ty, Easton.
OUR BOY CHAMP! :0) WUFF!
4 bears in a bed, and the little one said...
4 comments:
What a beautiful puppy! I didn't know you had family in Oklahoma. That's where I'm from.
I love all the Oregon pics. I wish we could have Heather as our photographer. One of these days we'll make it out there for a visit.
Aww, Champ is adorable!
So fun to have a little pup around the house. Enjoy it and take pics, they grow up quick! ;)
Champ is almost as cute as your kids! Crate train, crate train, crate train!!!! And look up NILIF (stands for nothing in life is free) One of the best tools I have put in place for our crazy dog. And it is easy.
Good luck. Puppies are so much fun. But it seems like moms are ALWAYS the ones who take on the most responsibility.
Post a Comment