8.30.2008

I THINK WE CAN

Actually, I KNOW we can.  Or bottle that is... Salsa!  That's right.  It's time again to harvest the garden and start our month of blanching, chopping dicing and stewing- tomatoes, onions, peppers and garlic. Yum, Yum.

Tyson and I went out and picked the first crop of tomatoes and peppers.  We found some of our little lady bug friends.  We caught a good pic of one of them.  We washed the produce and separated the Roma's from the better boys and early girls.  Daddy and Alyssa were excited to see we were done by the time they drove up from the store.  Hopefully we will have some nice fresh and bottled salsa with in the next few days.  This has been a really fun tradition for our family.  This is the 5th year of our Family Harvest.

First thing TJ did afterwards was get his Tomato Stand out from the garage and set up for his selling season ;0) 

 007

This year we didn't pay too much attention to the crop.  It grew a lot more wild and out of control than in past years.  But it looks like we're getting about the same amount of produce.  The ripe fruit we picked today is only 1/4 of what was on the vine.

012

 013025

017018  

 

3 comments:

Heather said...

Oh my goodness, those look SO good. I wish I was there to help out. Romas are my fav!

Sue said...

Mmmmm...your salsa sounds yummy! Hope I get some. ;)

Makell said...

Farmer Candy - I'm way impressed and very hungry after reading this! Have fun canning my domestic diva!