2.24.2008

IS IT REALLY?
















Tyson reminded us it’s almost that time of year again to think about what we will plant in our garden. Last year we spent a family night building him a tomato stand so he could sell his tomatoes. He actually made out pretty well between our family and neighborhood patrons who just “happened” to find extra quarters in their pockets whenever they stood next to his mommy when Tyson told them the price. He was able to help us figure out his tithing for the year too. It was fun.
He is such a cutie. He loves to build and figure things out. I’m all for anything that will keep those little mice running that wheel in his head. When he came to us last year with his bright idea for a tomato stand and we smiled and said ok, draw up some plans, well no more that 15 minutes later, sure enough the plans were drawn out. He drew them in a light peach colored marker, so I went over them in blue. He explained exactly what he wanted it to look like. So with that said, here are the makings of his stand. We told him he could even sell a few bottles of daddy’s coveted salsa. Daddy doesn’t part with too many jars of that stuff. That would possibly be his one and only stingy weakness, ok that AND the remote AND Brain Age on DS.

I thought it would be fun to name daddy’s salsa. This will be our 4th year of tradition. I suggested TNT Salsa, and make a cute label on it for fun. TNT will stand for Todd and Tyson’s Salsa. TNT also represents the “spicy", or hot nature of it. :0) We like to make quite a few batches each year and it is always fun to see if they turn out the same, or if one tastes better with a little more pepper, or garlic or something.






2 comments:

Shelby said...

that is just too cute!

I'd like to try that salsa! ;)

Christy said...

I've been meaning to ask you (as I've seen your tomato supports over your back fence) if you're a gardener. LOVE IT! If you garden much, we'll have to talk. :o)