2.03.2008

FAMILES ARE FOREVER

I just have to say tonight, how grateful I am for my family. My niece, Chandlie, got baptised yesterday. It was such a special day for her, and the spirit was very strong with it being the day of President Hinkley's funeral. She was the only one in the ward getting baptised, so it was just our extended family and friends. I gave a talk. Not so much fun, but I got through it. It was nice to be able to bear my testimony to the one's I love the most.
We also heard great news that two of my sister in laws are expecting. Cameron and Sarah, with their 4th child, and Shawn and Angie with their 2nd. That leaves Todd and I once again to think about jumping on the band wagon to try and join them. We'll see what happens I guess.
We hung out at Carson's for quite a while last night. The cousins ran around laughing and playing, we all took turns in the hot tub outside in the freezing cold...(it was great) and the kids practiced songs on guitars and moracca's to sing to all of us before we got ready to head home around 9:30pm. Cameron and Sarah were leaving also to head back down to Richfield on a 2.5 hr drive. It was such a wonderful thing to have Cameron suggest that we kneel for a prayer before we all head out. All the grandparents, etc. had left, so it was just the siblings, spouses and the cousins.
We gathered 18 of us together in the front room for a quick word of prayer. How neat the feeling was to have that opportunity. Just a simple moment of gratitude to our Savior and Heavenly Father for all the blessings we recieve, and a prayer for safety and well being for the remainder of the weekend.

These are the ties that bind.

1 comment:

Makell said...

Wow girl! I've missed a few posts - How was the trip?!
btw -I can totally here your voice and your laugh when I read your profile...especially the part about Todd saying "What's that about?" Dead on!