Today I laughed my guts out to the point of total Facial Distortion. You know, the kind where you finally have to cover your face so you don't scare the people looking at you!
Today couldn't have been better planned. I am so glad this was on my calendar to look forward to. This was a day for friends to take a few hours to relax, enjoy & soak in a little more Sunshine for our Souls. A little treat we have been waiting for throughout the summer now that the kids have gone back to school this week. I got a babysitter for Alyssa for the afternoon and was able to enjoy a yummy Sticky Fingers Salad from Winger's and some good poolside conversation. The weather was awesome, with a light breeze cooling the heat of the sun.
Through all the big and little stresses in life, it is so nice to know that true friends are one of gifts that make all the difference. To share thoughts and feelings with those you feel safest with is such a comfort. And then to be able to turn the conversation straight around and laugh uncontrollably is just plain JOYFUL. It definitely did my heart good. I came home and was standing at the kitchen sink and would burst out laughing for a good few minutes- all by myself. It was great.
Today was a great reminded that it is always a good thing to take time out to care for my spirit and my soul. To make sure that I experience the simple pleasures in life that replenish my faith in this life.
However, how does that old saying go, definitely, I say definitely...
LAUGHTER IS THE BEST MEDICINE!
2 comments:
Amen to that, Sista!
I totally agree! My little Sky starts on September 2nd. I wish we had a mom and muffin tradition. It seems like our moms can't wait to see them get on the bus. Oh well. L
Post a Comment