8.20.2008

THR3E...HEAVEN FORBID!

I was sitting on my bed when Alyssa came up to me and asked

"Mama, what does the number three look like?"

Well, I though that was great!  She's getting more interested in her numbers- yeay!  So I grab a piece of paper and pen and excitedly draw a perfect little 3 for her to see.  She says,

"Mom, is that really what a three looks like?"

"Yep" I say...then I show her what a 4 looks like, maybe a 5, and a random 7. 

She looks at me with tears welling, then she just starts to

SOB, and SOB, & SOB!

"I don't like 3.  I want to be 7.  I want to be 7."

For 20 minutes she SOBs and SOBs because she is 3!

I thought I could consol her by telling her she was like me, that my age is a double 3!

NOPE...sobs even more!

Now, how do you think I felt? ;0) 

HEAVEN FORBID! 

5 comments:

LL said...

life's ROUGH when you're THREE!
funny story...cute little thing!

Diana said...

Wow--if she's crying about being 3 now, what's her reaction going to be when she turns 40, 50, or 60? I'm sure others have shed a few tears over those milestones. Poor girl!

Heather said...

Too funny. I think 3 is pretty great number myself.

6Whittiers said...

Oh that is cute...just wait until there is a 1 in front of that 3 and hopefully you won't be sobbing!

Makell said...

That gave me a good laugh today - thanks!! good luck with her in about 10 years when hormones start kicking in!!!