I found this super cute coupon book at a Hallmark store last summer. The kids have gone wild for these. All Todd or I have to say is "You'll earn points for a coupon" and they're there. Tyson just loves earning points, the more the better. So we make each coupon worth usually 400 points.
Ty and Alyssa get points for anything from running to get jammies on with in 2 minutes, to helping out in the yard, or once in a while even just playing quietly together while Daddy and I need to do something else for a few minutes. But that would only earn them maybe 10 or 15 points. Sometimes we even have complete coupon days, where they really need to behave for the whole day to earn an "extra" bonus coupon. They really do get excited. We have been surprised.
We have a rule that they can only accumulate 3 or 4 coupons at a time, before they have to redeem one. We usually let them redeem 2 or 3 a month. So we watch how many points we are giving out and kinda gage where they are at to pace it.
It was originally going to be just for Tyson, since I thought Alyssa was to young to grasp the concept at 2 1/2...but Tyson insisted she got to earn them to. For the first few days, Tyson would always run and grab Alyssa and say, "come help me do this, we get points for coupons, and then mom and dad will bring you breakfast in bed."
Now all you Scrapbookers I'm sure could make your own coupons, but this was only $5.95 and came with 52 coupons. And they were really cute ideas. The best thing is when they redeem them, I keep them so that we can reuse them. Some of them are favorites. Here are a few examples.
*Rerun! Wear your favorite article of clothing one more time before it disappears into the laundry
*This coupon good for one movie rental of your choice, with popcorn
*Night Owl Bonus or Stay up extra late one night. (how late and when to be negotiated)
*Redeem coupon for your favorite ice cream.
*You get to choose the Pizza toppings next time we order in.
*With this coupon you can name the family activity of your choice. (choose your favorite board game, card game, sport, or activity)
*This entitles you to bring a friend along.
*This coupon entitles you to one half hour of undivided attention form mom or dad. All eyes are on you.
*You choose your favorite take out and we will bring it to you with a smile.
*For one day, everyone in the family will have to salute you every time you walk in the room.
*Good for a sleep over with ----- many friends.
*Good for one week to double your allowance.
Anyway, these really have been a great motivator for our kids, and if we threaten to have a coupon taken away, it really gets their attention to. By the way, you can et them at Smith's Market in Farmington too.
6 comments:
Could you get any more cute ideas than you have with your last few posts...I VOTE CANDY ALLEN MOTHER OF THE YEAR 2008! Very cute idea, I might have to drive up the street to Farmington and get a few of those!
Thanks for sharing!
You GO girl! You're like the super mom of the blogging world.
You give them points to stay out of your hair while you and Todd are off "doing" something that has to get done?! Hmmmm...
Super cute idea, by the way!
Oh Holly, you are just funny. I better email you a list of my faulty qualities, along with some of those who know me all to well to be anything close to mother of the year.
But come see me sometime anyway. I'm sure you have some ideas of your own I'd like for you to share.
So cute, I am going to use these!
Post a Comment