4.27.2008

S'MORE PLEASE?

We watched our neighbors kids the other night for a little while. Thanks to them for doing the same for us last week . The weather has been sunny but with a pretty chilly breeze this weekend. The kids wanted S'mores, so we smooshed 'em together and mmm they were ooey, gooey, tasty.

Ok. S'more than one got burned though, Travesty!

It's been fun to feel a little more settled into our house this Spring. It's been just over a year, and we are starting to enjoy the yard more. (You know you are when you can take time to lay down on the grass at dusk and tickle kids and look up at the clouds in the sky passing by). Gotta love that. Well the garden is officially underway, we need to plant tomatoes next week along with our peppers. We have a little 3 foot fence now framing the front of the garden. Hopefully I will get an arbor someday to arch the entry. Maybe grow some raspberries around it or something. (Can I even do that?) Anyway, with a few trees being planted and others already budding, Spring is here and with that a beauty and sense of renewal that replenishes my soul. So here's to S'more of the simple moments we like to enjoy in life.

Planting Asparagus with helping hands.  Did ya know it takes 3yrs to grow?  Thanks G-pa!

8 comments:

Heather said...

S'mores sounds delish! How fun.
Did you cook them outside?

Candy McCall said...

We cooked them outside. We didn't have an open fire, so we wrapped them in tinfoil and put them on the grill. Some we just left a little too long.

Holly said...

Ahhh...I love spring time activities and projects.

Are serious it takes three years to grow? If that was not a typo I will continue to get mine at the market :)

Candy McCall said...

3 THREE, III.
So in 3 years, come over and grab some from my free market, until then...we both pay.

LL said...

holly and her "market" she kills me. I too will continue to PAY three years seems too long. Yummy smores--yummy asparagus!

Holly said...

LL! Dont' GET me started on my vocabulary! LOL

Candy McCall said...

To market to market to to buy a fat hog,
home again, home again jiggity jog.

LL- now if that's Holly's favorite nursery rhyme, then you just have to let her be. No teasing! ;0)LOL!! no really, LOL!!

the Morrisons said...

Candy, You are brave to grow asparagus! I just hope someone comes to visit me in the spring and then they can bring some along! Your blog, kids, posts, etc. are so cute! I'm not quite as creative with mine, but I'm learning. Keep in touch!