Just documenting a few of our boy's comments and quirks.
First off, I am sad to say that Ty gets embarrassed by Todd and I now in public. Sometimes we are so uncool. Like when he is at the bus stop and I pull up in the car and see that his shoe is untied. (no, he still can't tie his shoes.) Anyway, I knew he might be embarrassed, so I didn't call out that I wanted to tie his shoe for him (dah) but when I even said, Hi, hey come here for a minute. He was so shy and embarrassed that I had even pulled up. But I wasn't too uncool to have him want to snuggle during the Jazz game.
Secondly, We were in the yard again tonight for a bit and it was pretty cold. Tyson wanted to go out with out a jacket. I said no way. He said he was fine, banter banter.
I then said "Hey, I'm your mom and it is my job to take care of you and make sure that you are warm even when you don't want to be."
He said "Mom, that's NOT your job. Your job is to clean the house. If you don't do it, I won't pay you." (we've been working on allowance money and extra job earning money lessons lately.)
Well, I set him straight on the difference between at least two of the hats that I wear. Housekeeper? Mom? Maid? Mom?
He walked out with his jacket ON!
Thirdly, we came in to watch a bit of the Jazz game and we had made some Cinnamon Pull-a-parts that were baking while we were outside. We sat down and I gave him some with a glass of milk. A few seconds later, he had guzzled the milk and asked for more. He said..
Milk is SOO good...when you REALLY,REALLY need it, like with those brownies you make, mom. ( I thought, yep, & my Cinnamon Pull-a-parts!...score.) He even ate the chunks of tomato tonight in his "healthier" chili.
Ok, one last one.
Funny that a "too cool" first grader and his "too cool" friend are in the car with me and say they have been playing house at recess. Jersey girl is the mom named Mamacita, Tyson is the dad, Papa Poo, and the other two boys are the twins, Baby Goo, and Baby Loo. Hello? How did they go from playing football and basketball to playing HOUSE at recess?
5 comments:
Candy! I love your posts. They make me giggle! Especially the job of a mom. Love it!
I love kidisms! That is good you set him straight about a Mother's Role! LOL. Good stuff.
Thanks for sharing that about your brother. Very touching.
I am happy that my little first grader hasn't come to that phase yet. I do have to say that i'm dreading it. I always tell him that if he talks about getting older around me, then he's grounded! It's just so hard watching them grow up, and grow out of some of the things I love so much. Not that he's unlovable without them, but you get what I mean!!
too cute.
love it!
their little minds, always working, they come up with the funniest things.
Post a Comment