4.02.2008

OUR FAMILY APPRECIATION BOX



For a little over a month now, our Family Appreciation Box has been going strong. Tyson came home from school one day and had a few notes in his backpack from anonymous friends at school. In his class they started an appreciation box, where they can leave messages to others, Thanking them for different acts of kindness or whatnots.

Tyson came to Todd and me about a week later and said he had a great idea for our family. That we should start one of our own. I thought it would be a great idea and a nice addition to our FHE night each week where we could read the notes.

It has really been a lot of fun to see how many notes are in there. Alyssa usually draws some pictures for each of us. Tyson comes up with some good ones. The one's he writes for Alyssa are as simple as "Thanks for carrying my drink upstairs" to "Thanks for respecting me in sharing time" (when he gave his talk) we thought that was a cute one. It is also a suggestions and questions box too.

5 comments:

LL said...

LOVE IT. You're such a great mom!

Anonymous said...

Such a cute idea! I love how the "small" things get noticed. You are a awesome MOM!

Shelby said...

What a great idea, maybe we should do something like that! Tyson is such a cutee, and Lyssie Lou!

Heather said...

Great idea. I would love to hear more of Tyson's notes.

Sue said...

Cute idea! I might steal it.