1.16.2012

SIMPLE HUMANITY

I may be one of the few ladies who didn’t read this book before the movie came out.  Also, maybe one of the last to see this movie.  I finally rented it and watched it today.  I was only about 15 minutes into it when I was reminded what day it was.  Hence it was all the sweeter.  What a great story! 

When Alyssa came in and asked what I was watching, I explained a bit of the story- she proceeded to tell me about the information she had been taught the past few weeks in school.  She knew about Rosa Parks story, Who Martin Luther King is, and other stories about how “people used to be really mean to others who had black skin…for no good reason at all”.

She just couldn’t comprehend what would make someone think that way.  It was a wonderfully refreshing view point of a small child who has no knowledge of current prejudice that unfortunately still exists in some people’s hearts in this world today.

It is such a shame that some choose to continue in ignorance and unjust view points of humanity and the very nature of God’s divine equality which is bestowed upon each one of us as human beings.

At any rate, I am extremely thankful to live among many friends and family members who are free from past prejudice and oppression.

 

The Help Poster

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
MLKing Jr.

Life's most persistent and urgent question is, 'What are you doing for others?'
MLKing Jr.

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
MLKing Jr.

Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter.
MLKing, Jr.

No comments: