This past weekend, Todd and I ran away with some friends of ours. We took a little road trip down to where the weather was warm and the sun was plenty. We enjoyed relaxing by the pool, shopping, eating, playing games, hiking a little bit of nature, the hot tub and of course getting a great massage. Oh yeah, well…Todd was a party pooper with the massage thing, so he went to a movie alone while the rest of us enjoyed our massages. He missed out. If Todd asks me to massage his shoulders any time within the next 3 weeks…I’ll kick his fanny!
Carson and Ang watched Tyson and Alyssa for us. The kids had a ball and loved staying over there with the cousins. Thanks again you guys!
Anyway- we had such a great time getting away for a few days. If it weren’t for kids, job, responsibility, family, well LIFE…I guess, then we would’ve just stayed a few months longer. ;0)
Todd SOOO loves it when I do this in photos.
Have I said how much I love this guy lately??
Cause I do…SOO much.
And we are SOO Thankful to have such great friends.
When we arrived at the Red Rocks to wander a little, we were SOO intrigued with these little creepy crawlies. We couldn’t believe how many there were. We saw about 5 different nests full of these caterpillars. It was fun to show Alyssa these photos when we got home. Her and I had just had an in depth discussion a few days before about the difference between worms and caterpillars and how they transform into beautiful butterflies.
While these two Yahoos squeezed through this fun narrow passage way, Todd and I hovered overhead like guardian angels to show the way. Ok, so really we just didn’t think we would fit. No biggie! Maybe next year, huh??? But for now I’ll just blame it on claustrophobia. ;0)
One night we went down to the temple grounds to take a few pictures. This building is SOO beautiful. We read up on some of it’s history. Did you know that Brigham Young wanted the tower taller when they first built the temple. After he died, a short later, lightning struck it and burned down the tower. When they rebuilt it…it was…taller!
I loved taking this photo below. The lights were slowly being turned off one at a time. And I enjoyed the thought of knowing how beautiful the inside of these rooms can be, and what wonderful things take place with in them.
2 comments:
SOO jealous. Looks like you had a wonderful time. Good for you, you deserve it!
Looks like fun...and you my dear are gorgeous!
Post a Comment