This morning I was blessed to have awakened from a peaceful slumber and walk to the window to look out at the world. This is what I saw from our West window. Only it was clear…crisp…BEAUTIFUL! I cannot explain, and these pictures are almost a mockery. I still don’t know how to give my camera justice, hence this is the only way I could capture a glimpse of what I saw. Todd heard me grab the camera, and I told him it was a must see. Tyson was already awake as well. (very unusual that any of us wake this early, let alone…take step out of the warmth of our beds)
It was a stunning view- really! Just imagine these photos being crystal clear. We watched this full moon seep in and out of the clouds for a short while, and then slowly set just as if it were the sun at dusk. Only with it’s setting on the west, the sun soon rose in the east, bringing promise of another day.
These photos are both of the moon setting to the west behind the mountain and shining on the lake. At least they will give me some reminder.
This, to me, is JOY. Then again listening to Christopher Cross '“Sailing” brings me JOY as well. :0)
But yet OF COURSE, all three of us headed straight back to bed for another coveted 30 minutes of sleep!
PS. Westward neighbors…sorry if you saw a flash, or if you happened to see a camera pointing your way—I promise…it really was the moon. ;0)
Oh, and by the way…here’s the sunset the night before…
Isn’t GOD great!
1 comment:
Candy, we always knew you were a peeping tom!
I've never seen the moon set before. Beautiful. Thanks for sharing. BTW we were awake as well, just trying not to be.
Post a Comment