3.03.2009

A BEAUTIFUL DAY

 

Todd had the opportunity to  Baptize Tyson on Saturday.  It was such a neat experience for us.  We had a wonderful day and Tyson seemed to take it all in stride.  I loved sitting next to him during the program while he looked up at his Grandfathers’ when they individually spoke to him, seeming to listening intently to every word they said.

Instead of feeling older with this event for my child, I actually found myself feeling so young and inadequate to be a Mother and Parent to this very precious child that God has entrusted to me and Todd.  Yet I felt so at peace knowing that through God’s plan for us, we can learn and grow with each step along life’s path. 

I didn’t take many photos that day.  I thought I would, but somehow the moments passed by while I captured them in my heart.  I snapped a few before we went into the church, and this one below makes my heart sing.

IMG_4522

This photo below is so cute to me.  I just love my little boys smile.  I didn’t have time to tell him to tuck his shirt cuffs into his suit coat… and to me that adds all the extra charm.  This is actually Tyson’s favorite painting of Christ.  He pointed it out to us a few years ago, and he has loved it ever since.  So that too is what makes photos like this sentimental.

IMG_4524

I told this little one he could not grow up… but he is.  He is.

And I love him more for that each passing day.

IMG_4533

I took this photo below because it reminded me of the painting of Christ standing at the door with no doorknob, knocking…waiting for it to be opened.  I hope and pray that Tyson will always have that light and truth in his heart to lean on.  That he will remain close to the spirit and choose to follow the path of light.  I hope with the promptings of the Holy Ghost that he will hear the quiet knocking of the Lord, when he finds himself at different crossroads in life.  I hope he will open the door to his heart and let Christ be his guide.

 Tysonatdoor-1

After the Baptism we had our family and loved ones over to our home for a small luncheon.  I didn’t realize till afterward that we had 38 people over here.  It is a blessing to have a place to hold them.  It was such a nice feeling to have all that love and support surrounding us and Tyson on his very special day.  Thank you to all who came,  and also those who traveled from out of town.  We love each of you very much.

imageTyson Baptism Program (white background)

Tyson,  You are on your way…

Always remember,  One step at a time.  And never forget to pray!

IMG_4532

8 comments:

Fiauna said...

So sweet!

Anonymous said...

WOW! What a special and sweet day. I love the pictures and the way you put everything today. Love it! Congrats on your little man, or should I say big man! :)

Jessica said...

I haven't checked your blog in awhile. It was fun to get caught up with you and your cute family. Congrats on the baptism, and the anniversary. Big events!

Unknown said...

Candy, I have to tell you that your blog has become one of my most favorite to visit. Your kids are getting so big, the are beautiful and you always have a beautiful picture or something uplifting to me on here, miss you and love ya girl...

Jason & Catherine Beveridge said...

Oh, those pics are great. Max got baptized last August and it was only 2 weeks after Sophia was born so I was pretty out of it. I thought I was recovered but had post-partum hormonal hot flashes the whole time. I could hardly focus on what was going on. SAD!!! What a sweet sweet boy you have.

Lake-Allen said...

Candy,
Thanks for having us join your family for Tyson's baptism. It was fun...good food too! L

Makell said...

Oh I love all of those pictures - but especially that first one of Todd and Tyson. That is so perfect - I love Todd's expression and Tyson looking up at him. It looks like you made it a beautiful day - well done Mom!

restlessrisa said...

what a darling, darling boy!