3.14.2008

THE SHELL FAIRY...YEAH, RIGHT!

Well this is good.  Tyson is trying to earn points to buy a video game.  So he has been asking us what jobs he can do tonight to earn more points.  Of course we have to negotiate every little thing he does into how many points, and explain why he doesn't get points for the normal things like eating dinner he doesn't like, or playing with Alyssa, or watching a movie.  As if he doesn't know he will NOT get points for this stuff.  Anyway, he has some sea shells that he got from our vacation a few months ago.  He asked how many points he would get for washing them....uh, NONE!  But then I thought it was cute and said he could have a few points for doing that.  Soo, he comes downstairs a few minutes later and says,

"well, ok.  So I just earned $4.30 something cents, and I'm going to put it under my pillow." 

"What?" Todd and I were trying to figure this one out.  How did he go from earning a few points, to a bunch of money? 

"How did you earn $4 and why are you going to put it under your pillow?"

"Well, I just earned it washing my shells, and if I put it under my pillow, maybe I will get something for it."

"Why do you think that?"

"Well, there's a Tooth fairy that comes around!"

"yeah?"

"Well, maybe she'll stop and see my money instead of a tooth and then leave me something fun instead of my money."

Todd says, "Tyson, maybe she'll see your money and take it and give it to other kids for their lost teeth."  Tyson's wheels start turning with a surprised look on his face.

After a moment he replies:

"Well, I know...what about one of my SHELLS!  I could leave one of THOSE under my pillow.  They are shiny, just like a tooth.  Maybe she will like that!?"

"And then what, she will bring you money for your shell?"

"YEAH!"  he says, looking all sly.

"Maybe?" We said...(which means NO!)

Tyson starts running up the stairs and I asked where he's going, he says,

"To polish my shell so it's shinier... with TOOTHPASTE!"

3 comments:

restlessrisa said...

I love it Candy! So fun. What a cute story!

Sue said...

Sooo cute! I love how their little minds work.

Heather said...

That made me laugh out loud. Love it.