Don't let the photo fool you!
My Mother! If you could only here the sarcasm in my voice you would understand. Anyone who knows, My Mother! Can relate to me when I say she is seriously the silliest, goofiest, funny, rhythm and rhyme"iest" mother I know. She could also be known as Mrs. Suess, Mother Hubbard and Mother Goose. She is definitely "Gifty Eight". She is such a wonderfully talented gifted young woman.
This lady just turned a mer 58yrs old. She acts like she's 18. Just old enough to know better, but young enough to laugh at herself and enjoy every moment of the day...for simply the little things.
She loves Bubble gum & Sweet Tarts, Smarties & Lollypops,
Of course Diet Coke with lots of crushed ice,
She's happy go lucky, and a little bit nuts,
She loves Rainbows and Sunshine & everything nice.
She loves flossy teeth and doin' the jive.
I really am lucky, oh yes this is true..
I love my dear Mother, if only you knew.
I am very lucky Todd still married me, knowing full well what he would endure with a Mother-in-law like Suzie. She used to come into "check" on us while we "studied" in my room. She would (seriously) put 10 pieces of dental floss between her teeth and come in just to say "Hi, are you guys ok?" and try not to laugh as the floss blew with her breath. I have pictures of her with Cheetoes in her nose (yes as an adult) And one of the best stories is when my brother Cameron came home from a date late and walked in. She decided to be her "funny self" and throw a blanket over her while she sat in Christians wheelchair in the darkness of the kitchen. Needless to say, like most of the time, she would start to snicker to herself and give it away, before she could carry out her wise little plans. Like crawling down the hall at 11:30 at night to my bedroom trying to "scare me" (out of sheer boredom) of course laughing and snickering at herself the whole way. As if I couldn't hear.
Oh, I could write a novel...this just doesn't even touch the surface.
April Fools Day is her favorite Holiday. Through the years, she's actually made a pretty good name for herself. Not so much with the family, cause we all know what she's up to, even though she still trys to pull fast one's on us, but to the many unsuspecting bystanders she chooses to befriend every year.
She is a hoot and a holler, and the funniest part about it is that she is the funniest to herself. She gets more of a kick from her own antics than anyone. She tries so hard to "crack" Todd. he just won't give it up. He says doesn't find it amusing. But deep inside, he has a real softness for her. He loves knowing he is her Favorite son in law, bar none.
She taught me about moonbeams and stickers and art
how to love everyone, and judge by the heart.
She taught me of make-up and jeans and high heels
she said "enjoy all the little things", while climbing life's hill.
I am so thankful for her in my life. She has been such joy and inspiration to me as well as many many people through out her life. She has a very unique talent of just being herself in this world. For taking life at face value and running with it. I could only hope to be half of what she is in this lifetime. Her strength and perseverance are to be hallowed. Much of that she must have learned from her great Mother and Father.
Oh and one more thing I must add...eek...ugh! I'm becoming my mother!
We have the same hands, we carry our purses the same way, we say the same things and worst of all, my brothers say so.
However I am soo much more mature than her, and always will be! ha ha ha
11 comments:
What a seriously cute post. I remember meeting your mom for the first time when we were in Jr. High and we were going to a cheerleading competition...I thought she was such a pretty lady!
Cute!
Candy, she is beautiful and so was this post. That was fun to read, so sweet of you.
I have memories of your mom. (from YEARS ago) I do remember thinking she was SUPER funny!
Tell her hello and happy birthday.
what a sweet tribute to your mom. Your mom is a DOLL! I just love her. I hate to tell you this, but you are your mom! Everything you said about her, I could say about you!
She is so hilarious. You are such a lucky girl to have such an entertaining mom. She always keeps us laughing. Gotta love her!
That was so fun to read! Your mom sounds amazing! I want to be able to be that goofy with my kids too.
Candy -I can't believe how good your mom looks!!!! I obviously haven't seen her in a while - where is the rest of her? Seriously, I think she looks so beautiful, which is a total cover for how insane and funny she is.. Please tell her hello from me~~
also - I thought that was one of the best posts I've read in a long time.
Your mom looks so great! She must be happy...she looks happy. I agree with Shel--you are your mom. Loved reading this post!
Great post, Candy. I read it a couple of days ago, and wanted to comment on what a nice tribute it was. Has your mom read it?
Candy, I don't think I have seen your mom since the day you got married. I had to read your post to know that it was your mom. She looks great! I forgot how goofy she was! What a fun grandma--and mom for that matter! You should write a book. You are a very entertaining writer! Seriously. I'd buy your book--and maybe even read it. Tell your mom hi-would she remember me? Celesta
Post a Comment