Tyson gave a talk in Primary today, all by himself. I picked a few stories out for him during the week to see if he liked any of them. Of course he didn't. So finally yesterday, he and I went for a ride together and I went back to the basics. I asked him to tell me what he knows about Jesus. This is what he came up with. I added the last few sentences and we were done. Short and to the point. Alyssa, was in the front row with the Sunbeams and she loved seeing him up there. Grammy and Grandpa came to support too. Thanks, that means a lot!
Jesus Christ
These are the things I know about Jesus.
He is nice. Because He helped create our bodies and our world.
Jesus loves us. I know this because He died for us
so we could live with Him again.
He is our older brother. He is there to protect us.
He will be our best friend if we let Him.
Even if we cannot see Him, I know He is there.
He performs miracles for us. He is our Savior.
I am trying to be like Jesus in all that I do & say, He is my example.
I say these things in the name of Jesus Christ.
Amen
Thanks, Tyson!
5 comments:
What a neat talk! I love letting them write their own talks!
Abbie has to do a talk for next Sunday...thanks for doing that for us! LOL Just kidding. Great talk though.
You are a good mom!
Candy. That's adorable, he's such a cute little guy!
Perfect. I bet he did so well. Wish we could have been there too.
Post a Comment