My heart hurts. POOR BIG GIRL ‘LYSSA!
After a 4 hour run to the ER, I think I finally got as much of the story as I needed. Poor girl somehow landed just right(wrong) on that little girlie arm of hers.
“Potato Bug, mom. I was rolled up like a potato bug on the side of the loveseat, and I acc-dentlly just rolled off. Couches have really hard wooden things at the bottoms. I was like this.”
So sad. She was a trooper though. The roughest part was the “hard straw” of trying to put the IV in her hand. They had to redo it a few times. OUCHIE!
Todd and Tyson were gone on the annual Memorial Day camp out. I called Grammy Anne and Grandpa John and they were right there to come with for help and support. Grammy kept Alyssa calm in the backseat, and Grandpa used his good ‘ol GPS to find the best route to the hospital. ;0) Thanks for being there for us.
The past 36 hours have not been filled with too many tears, however, I have had her ask concerned question after question about bones, breaks, swimming, playing, and more.
She has been so concerned about letting Tyson know that he shouldn’t ever break his arm. It hurts too bad. When he walked in from camping she took one look at him and walked over with her face distorted in tears as if she hadn’t seen him in a year. She wrapped her arms around him and wouldn’t let go. It BROKE my heart.
JUST IN TIME FOR HER SPRING DANCE RECITAL THIS WEEK!
1 comment:
That's one good-looking picture! I'm glad you all survived.
Post a Comment