This quote from Richard G. Scott came through today on Daily Gems from the church. It was a pleasant reminder to me that I am so thankful I have a husband who has treated me like an equal partner in our marriage. Lately we have had some additional decisions to make that have provided Todd and I the opportunity to communicate and validate our responsibilities together as an eternal partnership for the good of our family unit. I have found that when we practice making decisions together for our family and support one another in our efforts, we become even closer as a couple. Thank you Todd, for allowing me to be your voice and you mine. I love you!
"The family proclamation states that a husband and wife should be equal partners. I feel assured that every wife in the Church would welcome that opportunity and support it. Whether it occurs or not depends upon the husband. Many husbands practice equal partnership with their companion to the benefit of both and the blessing of their children. However, many do not. I encourage any man who is reluctant to develop an equal partnership with his wife to obey the counsel inspired by the Lord and do it. Equal partnership yields its greatest benefit when both husband and wife seek the will of the Lord in making important decisions for themselves and for their family."
Richard G. Scott, "Honor the Priesthood and Use It Well,"
Topics: Marriage, Prayer, Family
PS…I MOWED THE LAWN & TOOK THE GARBAGE OUT TODAY!
No comments:
Post a Comment