There are so many other things I could/should be doing today. However, this 15 minutes just MADE MY DAY.

This morning Alyssa and I drove passed a field with miniature ponies. There are approximately. 6 or 7 total. I usually drive slowly so she can get a glimpse at them in the distance. Today they were all right up close to the fence line. We stopped for a good 15 minutes, while she admired these darling little creatures. We loved the contrast of one with a milky blond mane paired with a nutmeg colored coat. We talked about what their names might be if they were like the my little ponies she loves so much. We named our favorite one Firefly- because of her warm nutmeg coloring.

We talked about how fun it would be to put bows in their hair. Alyssa added that she could definitely make them into fashion designer ponies. Alyssa jumped out of the car to feed them some grass. She then turned back to me with her arm stretched out holding a few wildflowers (weeds with seeds) she wanted me to have. “Thank you, Mama. Thank you!” She said in her soft sweet voice. I thought to myself as my heart HURT by now, how much I love this little girl of mine, No Alyssa…THANK YOU. Thank you for allowing me to be your Mother and to share these memories with you. Thank you Alyssa for reminding me today to stop and enjoy simplicities in life. The things that are free and God given. The joy that comes from slowing down and relishing in relationships. THANK YOU, my daughter.
Then of course, the small moment in time leaves yet again with thoughts that flutter, rather swarm back into my mind of responsibilities of the day. “Hop in, we’ve got to get a move on” I say. AND THEN…
AND THEN I hear this NEEEE HEEEE squeal as I am slowly pulling away. Alyssa says, “Mom, mom look! They’re playing, they’re playing. Ohhh, how cute!” I had already turned to see what that howling high pitched sound was. YEP—they were playing alright. Right on top of each other. Two of them. Right there playing piggy back! I responded “Yep! They are. Let's go!” And off I sped. I continued to snicker as Alyssa pled for me to turn back just for “one more minute. They’re having fun mom. I want to see. ‘cuz, I know all about ponies!”
Men! They’re all alike. Yep even man ponies. Sheesk! He couldn’t even wait till we were gone to get his grove on. Hormones, hormones. This is on the heels of my friend telling me yesterday that every time she passes by those ponies that they are frolicking and piggy backing constantly. I said really? I haven’t seen them doing that at all….until today!
IF YOU BUY TWO…YOU KNOW WHAT THEY’LL DO!!!!!!!

PS. As I add these lovely photos that I found to make this story more fun—Alyssa says:
“Look! That horsey is pretending to be a donkey!”

4 comments:
I have seen the ponies frolicking in the field, but not "riding piggy-back". Too, too funny.
Ha ha ha, that's so funny! I haven't noticed the field of ponies. I guess that's a good thing!
hahahahha!!! Thanks for the goodnight chuckle before I head off to bed. Frisky lil ponies!
GOOD STUFF!
made me laugh~
Post a Comment