Last month on Conference weekend, Cameron & Sarah and the kids came to stay with us for a few nights. We had a perfect little weekend, the 10 of us! It was nice and relaxing to hang out and enjoy each others company. Sarah & I even got some girl time alone for a few hrs. Cameron brought some fun short stories to share, like the classic LEGEND OF SAM MCGEE, and we introduced Todd to the musings of Paul Harvey and THE REST OF THE STORY… (John, Todd had NO CLUE who this guy was.)
Cameron also came in tote with some uplifting stories and written testimonies that truly comfort the soul. This is one of my favorite things about all my brothers, especially Cameron. When the family gets together they always have short stories, verses, quotes, etc. to share.
I got to tend this little punkin pie—Shane is such a cutie pattootie!
We even held our 2nd Round of PLINKO gaming. The kids had fun trying to get the most points they could…
more points = more treats. Of course!!
These two munchkins wanted to stay up with the adults to watch TWIGHTLIGHT- they didn’t last very long.
Sunday we were able to rally the kids together in the family room to listen to the Prophet speak. We thought if they could sit for 20 minutes, that would be awesome. They all ended up sitting with us for nearly an hour while they (hopefully) listened to some of the dear words of our General Authorities.
It was wonderful to have Cam and Sarah with us. The prophet spoke of the story of a mother in Germany who traveled by foot with her 4 children. Along the way to her destination- she buried all 4 in shallow graves. I will not forget the feeling I had inside my heart as I sat with my loved ones near. The spirit was strong. I could feel it through out the room. There are 3 distinct times I have felt an overwhelming spirit with in our new home in the past year…this was one of those 3 times. It was stronger than usual. It was a confirming spirit.
3 comments:
I loved that story shared by Pres. Monson. I tell you, I'll never be able to look at a spoon the same way again.
Of course I know who Paul Harvey was; I had just made the comment that I rarely listened to him. I don't live in a bubble you know.
That story was one of the most heart wrenching things to listen to as a mother.... It was unbelievable. God made women strong.
Post a Comment