12.16.2008

NOT SO FAST!

 
CHRISTMAS.  Slow down.  Take your time.  Please don’t pass me by.  Let me take you in a bit. Let me enjoy your music and savor your spirit.  I don’t want to say goodbye so soon.  I am just getting to know you again.  Please come in and stay a while.  The peace you provide our family warms our hearts and home.

I LOVE this time of year.  I want to savor the feeling and warmth of the season.  I want to enjoy the Holiday splendor and all the FUN and whimsical traditions of Santa and Snowmen and Jingle Bells.  However I also crave so dearly the true and most precious meaning of Christmas and why we choose to celebrate this holiday each year. 

I found this Quote today and it was just what I wanted to hear.  Need to hear.  My hope’s of  the spirit of Christmas lingering long.  

 For Unto Us a Child Is Born by Simon Dewey
THE CHRISTMAS SPIRIT

"As we seek Christ, as we find Him, as we follow

Him, we shall have the Christmas spirit, not for one

fleeting day each year, but as a companion always.

We shall learn to forget ourselves. We shall turn

our thoughts to the greater benefit of others"

-Thomas S. Monson

3 comments:

Fiauna said...

Love it Candy. I love that beautiful picture, too. It makes you want to pick that little baby up and just give a squeeze.

Christy said...

Beautiful picture!

Makell said...

Beautiful thoughts my friend.