12.08.2008

LET IT SNOW!

Tyson walked in the door from school just in time to see Alyssa putting her boots on to go play in the snow.  It had been no more than 10 minutes and they were dressed and heading out the front door. 

With only a mere inch of wet snow on the ground, I thought I was safe to stay inside and watch them frolic for a few minutes.  I turned my head for a bit and when I looked back outside, Tyson had a snowball almost 2 feet around.  I opened the door saying that's great, and that was it for me.  I put my gloves, boots and coat on and headed out to join them.  GREAT packing snow!

This is what we accomplished.   The best part is that the weather wasn't very bitter, so we were able to stay outside and enjoy until it got dark. When Todd got home the kids hid to surprise him.

The first snowman of the year is usually Todd's large creation with the kids.  I usually just help pat it down.  So it was fun to have this meek little Frosty done by the time he arrived.  Alyssa sprayed him a purple beard. 

AND LOOK AT THE FORT.  We think it's pretty cool!

039

029 035

4 comments:

LL said...

NICE WORK!!! we're jealous over here...we're just freezing, nothing white and beautiful on our grass.

Christy said...

What the? I had no idea that small amount of snow could make so much! I'll have to send the kids out again tomorrow, but with a project in mind this time!

Anonymous said...

Hey, I am way behind on the blogging scene, I haven't read anyone's forever. Your blog is so cute. I need to get photography lessons from you and Todd. I can't believe how much snow you guys have...I swear we don't have that much. Your trip looked like a blast, I am so JEALOUS! What ship was that it looked so fun
Anyway, hope you're doing good!

Makell said...

I want to come play! I don't think we got that much snow either - and we aren't that far away!?