We are enjoying a few days of Christmas time in the country. It is a beautiful Winter Wonderland down here with the snow glistening throughout the town.
Despite the frightful weather, each family was blessed to travel safely here to gather together for a few short days during the holidays. It has been a fun few days of playing games, feasting, and munching on treats. The rooms are full with parents and children, which makes for a crazy cozy cabin. That cabin being Grandma Suzie & Grandpa Dalis's home, or Grandpa Clark & Grandma Jami's depending on the night or activities planned. Not quite cabin like, more of a rambler nestled at the base of a beautiful hill, and one sprawling around a festive horseshoe road. Tomorrow we spend another day with Grandpa Clark and Grandma Jami. We will have homemade cinnamon rolls and hot cocoa by the fire. We'll see about the hayride in the freezing cold...not so sure.
I just wanted to post this little poem that my mother had a copy of for us to all read. It is one that Carson wrote when he was 12. I thought it to be rather swell.
C hildren playing in the snow
H appy faces on those I know
R inging bells sending Christmas cheer
I n the night so crisp and clear
S imple gifts tied with a bow
T ime to let your kindness show
M rs. Smith's Christmas tree
A lways bringing joy to me
S igns of Christmas are here you see
No comments:
Post a Comment