.
"As we pause to thank Him for
The blessings of the past year,
We must not forget to thank Him
For the lessons we have learned
Through our difficult times.
We are not to be thankful
For just the pleasant, easy things,
But ALL things."
.
I am Thankful for All that I have in my life.
I am so grateful for family and friends.
I am Thankful for my home. For clothing. For shelter. I am Thankful for all these things above any hardships that I encounter. I am Thankful I can see the beauty in life and joy among life’s sorrows.
I am Thankful for a Father in Heaven who loves me.
Who loves us all!
……………………………………………………………..
Our family went over to Grammy Anne & Grampa John’s for a yummy feast this year along with Lesa, Kira, Sierra and Sky.
Todd’s Uncle Tom ‘Turkey’ joined us for dinner as well since his wife, Linda and family were all on the east coast this year without him.
Anne set a beautiful table with a special Pilgrim centerpiece which Grammy Ruth, her mother, hand painted. Lesa brought darling Chocolate Turkey Cake Pops for everyone, and I gave each of the kids a pair of Turkey Gloves.
The food was yummy as always. Moist turkey, Grandfather’s dressing, homemade rolls, sweet creamed corn… Bread Pudding and a Pumpkin Cream cheese roll for desert.
After dinner we all sat like stuffed muffins on the couch for a while, not really good for anything. Finally though, we mustered energy to play a few rounds of categories. It was a nice and pleasant evening!
When we left the kids couldn’t walk away without messin’ around in the fresh fall leafs. They couldn’t help but spread a big Thanks of the leafy love to Grammy and Grampa’s!
-Thanks for having us Turkeys over-
No comments:
Post a Comment