Our family road tripped it with some friends for the past 5 days through Yellowstone National Park. We had a really great time. We stayed at a Motel Lodge in West Yellowstone for 4 nights. Thanks SO much, Mark & Jess for having us come with you. We had a ball! Oh yeah…and thanks for making the lodging arrangements, and cooking breakfast every morning, and patiently waiting during potty breaks, and well…all that stuff. We love ya!
Tyson & Alyssa were each thrilled to get a little not-so-perfectly hand made-but-I-sewed-it-on-my-own lap pack filled with markers, stickers, crayons, notebooks and knickknacks to play with in the car. (Thanks to my friend for the awesome idea)
I also made Tyson & Alyssa each a Yellowstone Wildlife quilt to snuggle up with for the ride. Sweet Jessie printed a fun doodle book for the kids chuck full of puzzles and games. They were were a hit.
So with a plethora of DVD’s & snacks galore we were out the door. Tyson & Alyssa were able to earn behavior beads during the trip, especially while on the way there. They were so excited about making their bead necklaces and wearing them. For every 20 beads they earned they got a little “surprise” to enjoy. I had them earn a Mento’s Geyser & Vinegar Volcano for the kids to erupt while we were there. It was a fun way to reiterate the surroundings of the area and talk about the mechanics of the Yellowstone's Geothermal Anatomy. Ok- so I left most of the explaining of that to Todd, Mark and Jess. They know a lot more about that stuff then I do.
We pulled in around 8 that night and strolled down main street to find some yummy food. We ate at a cute 50’s themed diner. We then settled in for a good nights sleep before entering the park on Wednesday.
The next few posts will be of the fun highlights of our trip!
1 comment:
I love Yellowstone. It is a great trip for everyone. I'm glad the kids had fun. You have great tips for road trips. L
Post a Comment