7.13.2009

HIDDEN GIGGLES

 

Alyssa woke up the other morning and came into our room to say Hi.  Todd was brushing his teeth and as she walked to the doorway she see’s my brassiere flung on the floor, nearly tripping over it- she looks again and then decided to strike up her conversation to Todd (thinking I am still asleep laying close by)

“How come girls privates get SO BIG so fast?  I don’t get it.  They just grow so fast.  You know, when girls grow taller their privates just go…big.” 

Todd with his mouth full of toothpaste, finished up then responded (probably as most men would)

“Don’t you want to have them grow bigger when you are older?”

“NO WAY!  they are just….big.  I want my privates to stay like this.” as she puffs out her little 4 year old chest. 

Todd could see me looking at him in the mirror reflection… 

We just giggled.

***********************************************

This morning’s car conversation:

Alyssa was so happy that Tyson had said he saw all her bones a long time ago when she was in my belly (during an ultrasound) So naturally ? being so happy about that,  the 4 yr old felt compelled to snuggle up to her brother and smile wanting to give him a kiss as well.

“Tyson just let her give you a kiss on the cheek.  She’s trying to be nice and love you.” I said

Tyson then says:

“Alyssa- not on the lips!  …Alyssa!”  

(as she tries desperately to again aim for his lips)

“Besides Alyssa- the way to REAL KISS on the lips is with your lips open, huh mom?  Because that’s how people get married.”

I just smiled- hiding my giggles and said…yep.  Then spent the next 5 minutes looking out for Birds or Bee’s that might come flying my way thinking of a quick response. 

2 comments:

Fiauna said...

Okay, now I'm laughing and thinking, "How come my privates didn't keep growing when I got bigger?"

Makell said...

That is such a typical guys' response! What a funny observation.... You better get a good book on this!