We have been waiting for my Step Mom's Salsa recipe. We finally got it and for FHE tonight made our first batch with her recipe. We are excited to see how it turns out. It's not just a basic one. Todd's is good, but very basic. He has been wanting another good one, and when he tasted hers last year, he loved it. So for those of you who were looking for one a little different and vamped up...you should try it.
Ok, so I just went over to the stove to have a taste while it's simmering (smelling SO good) --LOVE IT!
So, here's the recipe...THANKS JAMI. We love you.
................................................................................................
10-11 QTS Tomatoes quartered
2 ½ - 3 QTS Bell Peppers
10 hot peppers
1 ½ QTS Celery chunks
5 Med diced onions (Opt. Jalapeno's for heat. We used 7 med. size, minus seeds.)
3 Cloves crushed garlic
½ cup sugar
1 ¼ cup cider vinegar
2 Tbs course pepper
½ Cup salt
½ tsp cumin
½ tsp paprika
Combine above & simmer for 3 hrs. Process in water bath.
..................................................................................................
4 comments:
I've been meaning to write and tell you how much we love your TNT salsa! Trevor says it's the best batch of salsa I've ever done! THANK YOU SO MUCH! I almost didn't make any this year, now I'm so glad I did! And the tomatoes keep coming. . .Guess I'll have to try this new recipe!
Can I add how gorgeous and sweet your children are! I loved your last post about Tyson's lists. It's amazing how much the really understand! You can tell he has great parents!
Devin is gone tonight, so i know what I am doing with my night. I will let you and Jami know how it is. Yum! Just wish I had toms of my own to use. My container garden of big toms didn't work out so well this year.
When you say process in water bath, do I need to have a pressure cooker?
Jess-
It's kinda like a pressurer cooker, but bigger. If you go to Albertson's Siths, Target etc. They will have one. They are the big black kettles pots with white speckles on them (usually) They also come with a metal tray to put apx. 7 bottles.
Enjoy-- let me know how yours turns out!
Post a Comment