.....................................................
When I pray, coincidences happen,
and when I don't pray, they don't.
--William Temple
...
Pray, He is there.
Speak, He is listening...
........................................................
I've had 3 distinct circumstances this past month come about specifically based on prayer. They have all come about at times when I have been praying about something, or praying for someone. Coincident enough to know that, coincidence they're not. One was something that someone else had been praying about and I ended up at McDonalds in the middle of the day a few weeks ago, and happened to see only one family in the whole place. This happened to be a family that needed me to be there that day, because I knew of a unique situation that they were facing that others would not have been aware of. When I saw them, I knew immediately why I had randomly walked inside to get a drink instead of go through the drive through which is what I do 99 times out of 100. (yes I think I have gone 100 times this year to get a drink, sad to say.) I never go inside. And this family I usually only see at church. The lady and I both started to cry as I looked at her and started talking about seeing them there and knowing what I should say. I walked away afterwards and got in line to order and a minute later the husband came around the corner and said, he just wanted to Thank me for what I said, and that I was an answer to his prayers He had been praying for a week that the Lord would provide someone that could talk with his wife and understand their situation. When I told Todd, I broke down again, because it was definitely not a question as to what the Lord's intentions were that day. I had been talking to Todd about this subject a day or two earlier, and so when I told him who I saw, he knew as well that it was the Lords blessings at work for all of us. I also know through these experiences, that we do not have to be perfect to have our prayers heard or answered. That we can also be an answer to someone else's prayer, even if we are not always doing everything right. The Lord still needs us to help him. I KNOW WITHOUT A DOUBT that the Lord hears and answers prayers through each one of us. We all can be instruments in God's hands to do his work and lift one another. I am so thankful tonight to know this to be true. To know that Christ lives, and that through prayer, great things can come to pass.
I also know that Prayer is an attitude of the heart.
Being prayerful through out the day, helps me along the way.
3 comments:
I love experiences like that! I'm so glad you followed the prompting. What a joy you are to the people around you!!
"What a joy you are to the people around you"
well said.
What a great experience, just like Taco Time in Kaysville!
;)
love ya.
you are SUCH a great example. Good for you for sharing your faith, testimony and example with each of us.
What a blessing it is to be able to recognize the Lords hand in our life.
Thanks Candy!!!
Post a Comment