We had a great weekend that ended with a quick FHE lesson tonight before bed. Little did Todd and I know WE were the one's to be taught a lesson. During FHE we asked each of the kids one thing they remembered from conference or from the prophet. When it was my turn I talked about how I was reminded that our family is the most important thing in this world and that we need to stick together and help one another out...and....
"MOM."
What Tyson?
The family is the SECOND most important thing in this world, not the first.
(Todd & I glance at each other like we usually do, before we hear Tyson's explanations on anything/everything he views in the world)
He says, "TREES! (completely serious) Because trees provide us with oxygen so that we can breathe. So, without trees, we wouldn't be able to live here, that's why (holding up his first finger, then his second) TREES are number one, THEN it's our FAMILY that's number two.
Boy do we love that little guy. When it was his turn to say one thing he learned from conference he said
"That we are really blessed to live at this time in the world. Because (here it comes-always the explanation) even 20 years ago they didn't have all the things that we have now. AND 50 or 60 years ago they didn't even have cars. So that's why it's a blessing to live right now. BUT NOT IN 3 YEARS! (what, Todd & I think, again). "Why not", Todd says. "BECAUSE (LOL) in three years, all the oil will run out.
So we corrected him a little on the fossil fuels issue and closed out with a prayer from Alyssa, who makes sure to include blessing the food for tomorrow, and being a princess, along with safety for us and others.
I grabbed some Halloween books and Todd made Orange Julius as a treat. Yummy! The rain stopped earlier and the crisp night was wonderfully inviting. We huddled in a few blankets on the deck and looked out at the city lights, with the glimpse of a temple glowing in the far distance. We spotted some stars and the crescent moon peeking in and out of changing clouds. The clouds were illuminated by the light of the moon and we were able to spot a few different shapes. Todd even decided to sing twinkle twinkle little star, but we laughed knowing he meant to say star light star bright.
So that's how we ended a nice conference weekend. It started just as swell. Todd got off work early on Friday. We were going to try to head up to the lake once more before the frost, but clouds rolled in a little too quickly. We decided instead to head up by the canyon and see the leafs for a bit. We went for a ride in the rain to get Italian take out for dinner and came home to enjoy the beautiful stormy night with a movie. Saturday we recorded conference and headed to Tyson's soccer game. It was pouring rain and he loved it. Todd has teased me for 2 months about buying chairs with 'hoods' on them. He wasn't teasing anymore after THAT game. ;0)
We also realized this weekend that we need to update our 72 hour kits really bad. We have diapers in Alyssa's pack, and some of our food is pretty scary looking. However the cans of tuna fish are still good thru '09 and we DO have can openers.
Here's a few fun pics the weekend.
By the way, I LOVED conference this session. The whole thing. More on that later.
I LOVE the photo of these two. It speaks a thousand words to me.
...wish I was in that photo with them.
I wanted one good pic of the two kids on this rock...but after 5 of Alyssa's eyes closed or arms dancing or whatnot...I said forget it. She leaned down to hug Ty, I figure that's the one that really counted.
4 comments:
Very cute pictures! Bring on Fall I say!
Tyson is so stinkin funny - love the finger counting. You are going to have some fun debates down the road when he's a teenager!!! Sounds like such a perfect weekend...conference weekend is one of my favorites
oh, I see it. Husband home early...CANDY, that's funny!
I hope this new week brings good news to your home.
Thinking of you!
gorgeous pictures! What a beautiful family.
Post a Comment