What a whirlwind weekend we had. When I say, whirlwind, that definitely included the weather, & another capitol B for Bitter.
We had such a great time though. We traveled to Central Utah for three delightful days of family and a few special ordinances. Bare with the long post. Lots of fun stuff = lots of fun pics for our family.
It started with a BAPTISM for our niece, Elizabeth got baptized Saturday morning. During the same time, we had our cousin's daughter getting baptized at a different stake house. Too, bad they couldn't have been together.
Random photo's while trying to get this two cousins in the car.
They were so stink'n cute together through the weekend.
Luckily all the Ladies on my mom's side were excited to meet up later that afternoon for a BABY SHOWER for one of our cousins. We went to my Aunts house and enjoyed a darling atmosphere with fun treats, presents for the mom to be, and finally a group picture, that we never seem to make happen (can you tell it was MY camera, and as soon as I was 'posed' I said TAKE IT!) Meanwhile the boys & kids enjoyed some college football games & playing around.
And when THAT was all done, we had an hour to get the kid's all costumed up and ready for a fun and haunted Halloween...
BREW HAHA that Grandma Jami & Grandpa Clark put together. Lot's of fun! We all had a great time. We even enjoyed a little snowy blizzard driving down the country lane back to Grandma Suzie's that night. I recalled a vivid memory that I think of whenever it is snowing while I'm in the car. The kind when the snowflakes race towards the windshield in the dark as if you're in the middle of a star wars movie traveling through space. I remember I was about 10 or 11 and my cousin Kerianne and I were in her mother's car with other cousins on a country road heading out to see her grandmother. It was a blizzard just like the one I described. It has always been burned in my memory. We sat and watched the glowing white snowflakes fly quickly into the windshield like a galaxy of shooting stars, yet never quite hitting the glass through the air. Anyway, tanget there, but such a great memory. Kerianne died when we were 13. I still miss my her. We all do.
Somewhere in the middle of all this, we still managed to stop at my dear Grandpa Hart's old farm sight. My Uncle own's it now, and has kept many memories just the same. They ran a cattle business for many years with my great grandfather. Their livestock usually consisted of all white Charolais cattle. Since I can remember, this lovely (ha) ENORMOUS white BULL has graced the corner entrance to the farm. It has become an undeniable ICON for family, and the remembrance of hard work and dedication through generations. They had a pale yellow office that is pretty much just the same even nearly 16 years after my Grandpa has passed away. His wooden cane still hangs outside to the right of the door. Thank's Perry for preserving this wonderful memory for us. I never have taken photo's of these things. I finally decided it was time, as we passed by after the baptism. It was so BITTER COLD outside with the storm blowing in, but by darn, I had Todd plopped those little tykes right on top of that bull, Sunday clothes and all. Of course they loved it.
We topped off the weekend with a BABY BLESSING for sweet little Shane, who happens to be Elizabeth's brother. What a neat weekend for Cameron and Sarah. To have both of these ordinances performed with loved ones near was a joy for all of us. The miracle of these particular events are very evident to the families involved. Cameron is a lighthouse to all those who know him. And Sarah is an truly an anchor of unconditional love as well. We love you two and your kids soo much. But you know that.
I love this photo because they are all looking at someone else taking their photograph. It's like peering in candidly, yet...not.
Of course I HAD TO catch my mom on film doing THIS. SO typical! ;0) I took a really nice photo of her, and then caught this one. I thought I'd pay tribute to one of her favorite purses. She LOVES her 'SAK'!
Speaking of Saks. Todd LOVES to play this with these kids. He spares no MERCY. And then he wonders why he has conversations with the 10 and 11 yr olds about how it is not far to be on the same team against a 2nd and 1st grader. Sean just says "Uncle Todd, you are saying it's not far, cuz your boy is on the other team."
Cutest Cousins.
LOVE Chandlie's self portrait. Also LOVE how this photo turned out.
Can't forget the Ideal Dairy. Sherbet, Slush, Waffle cone...etc.
Finally, This is what we came home to Sunday evening. Beautiful.
5 comments:
Candy,
Thank you so much for documenting this special weekend. The pictures you took are wonderful. I need some of the ones you took at the blessing. Had it not been for you I wouldn't have any pictures of the Baptism. I cannot believe I forgot my camera on that special day. THANK YOU!!!
Love,
Sarah
CUTE, love all the pics!
Sounds like a FUN weekend...from what I can see in the pics, your brother looks like your dad.
And you look BEAUTIFUL! the pic of you at the shower is so cute!
Loved the pictures of your family, Candy-especially the Halloween ones!! AND, tell your mom I love the picture of her!!!
That looks like a fun weekend. My weekend was this B is for Bum. I was in my jammies all weekend and not because I was sick :)
You are gorgeous!
Holly- AMEN. The past three days for me have been pajamas, a hat, laundry (still not done)...etc.
A little down time, is definately not a bad thing. I am just now learning in my 30's NOT to feel guilty for it...after a little rest, I feel even better to GO ON!
Post a Comment