Todd had the day off today, so last night the kids really wanted to sleep outside on the deck. I thought I'd do my best to give in to the IDEA and at least go with it for the first part. Todd came home from his soccer game, wiped out and said "REALLY?" Look how nice he was to oblige me and the kiddies. We quickly got some blankets and sleeping bags for each of us, a lighted pumpkin, ghost flashlights (from Article Circle's Square Pumpkin meals of course) and a thermos of hot cocoa to share. It was actually pretty nice weather. The stars were out for a clear night. We ended up taking turns telling scary stories. Or in Alyssa's case princess witches. We stayed out for about an hour and then the girlie fell asleep. We talked Ty into coming inside with us to finish the recorded football game. He fell asleep soon after, and we took both of them up to bed. This morning neither one of them asked why they didn't wake up outside.
Todd took the kids up the canyon on a 4 wheeler ride today. They took some crackers and drinks for a little snack. He said it was a nice drive. I wasn't "allowed" to go because there wasn't enough room on the 4 wheeler. Part of me was sad, the other part...bye, bye!! Have fun. I'll find something to do, I guess. :0)
No comments:
Post a Comment