7.14.2008

WHILE MOM'S AWAY...

     Actually this starts with Daddy being away.  He went to NY on a business trip for 4 days.  We missed him much.  But he had a good time and was able to see a Broadway play, eat well, and hit the Metro and Natural History museums while there.  However while he was away, mommy and the kids were glad to be home after a week of traveling.  We grabbed a slew of videos, some treats and food and snuggled up in a nice cool house with blankies and pillows surrounding us at all times.

I then dropped the kids off at Grandpa and Grammy Allen's house for a night so I could head out of town with my friends.  Todd wasn't getting home til the next day. 

Grammy & Gramps are always so great.  They took the kids with Aunt Heather and Jackson up to Ogden to ride on the train.  They just loved it.  I was also very grateful to them for tending the kids on their anniversary that day.  They are always thinking of others.  Even when it wouldn't be their first choice.  It was also Todd's birthday that day.  He wasn't flying in until 8 that night...so neither of them had much of a celebration.  We will have to do that this week. 

IMG_7937

Todd picked up the kids and they had a great weekend while I was away.

He let them play outside and run errands with him all day on Saturday, then he took them up to the canyon with his family that night to roast hot dogs and hang out.

He even got the two kids up for church at 9am and went to hear about the ward splitting.  He took the kids to dinner at Grammy and Gramps cause Aunt Heather is still in town.  The said they had so much fun with all the cousins.  I got home that night and he had put little Lyssa's hair in two buns, the best he could.  My heart melted.  I love that man. 

DSC06194

The Group.

IMG_8067

Allen Grandson's- Sky 5. Jackson 1. Tyson 7. Jordan 10.

IMG_8092

Beautiful Kira.  Handsome Jackson.

IMG_8123

Alyssa. Jackson. Hailey.

3 comments:

Holly said...

So I saw Todd and your two cute kids at Home Depot last Saturday. I was so impressed how well he did with them! They are adorable. I did wonder what fun things you were doing without them!

Makell said...

One of my favorite things to see is a father doing (or trying) to do his daughter's hair. I just think it is so sweet..

Heather said...

What a great family you have! So glad I'm a part of it.

I had a great time with you and can't wait to see you again!
Miss you,
~ h.