No Expression of word or thought of mine right now can begin to describe my feelings towards the things I have seen and heard over the past 3 weeks of my life.
I am simply amazed at the opportunity in which Todd and I were given to travel back to the land where Christ was born and where His ministry first took place. Where He was crucified and ultimately laid to rest in a garden tomb, where He would emerge as the Savior and Redeemer of the world.
I am humbled and honored to have walked on Holy Lands and witnessed generations of evidence that He lived. That He still lives. And that…He loves us.
I am deeply grateful for the timing of this trip as well. To live and breath His life and Resurrection this spring time only weeks before we formally celebrate Easter is pure Joy. What an incredible way to arrive home and take the next few weeks to continue my thoughts focused on my Savior and all that I have seen and soaked up. I am so excited to share all this with my children.
I count this trip as one of my greatest blessings in life. I have been blessed to know that I will accomplish the things which the Lord wants me to do, in an orderly and precise manner. I have no doubt that this opportunity fit accordingly with in those accomplishments in my life and that He helped pave the way for this opportunity to come to fruition. I am so thankful to have experienced this with my husband and his/our family.
I love my religion. I believe Joseph Smith to be a true prophet of God. I believe the Book of Mormon to be another testament of God, and I sustain our living prophet. However, if I were stripped of the freedoms to outwardly worship as such, I am glad to know that God lives. He lives in the heavens, and on this earth…through His people in every nation, kindred and tongue. They Hear Him. They Breathe Him. They know Him. So as long as I have God in my heart, and AS my heart. I will follow Him.
Oh Jerusalem, by Greg Olsen.
This is the first print of Christ that Todd and I got for our home years ago. I never realized that the view of Old Jerusalem from the Mount of Olives still looks that way today. The walls, the buildings, The arched gates. It is beautiful! The BYU Center sits atop the Mount of Olives today, and the chapel faces the walled city of Old Jerusalem.
2 comments:
Thank you for your sweet testimony Candy :)
<3 you
What an incredible experience - you are very lucky to be able to have done this. I would love to hear more about it. What an awesome life changing blessing for your family!
Post a Comment