8.27.2009

MANNERS TOOTH?

Tyson lost another tooth yesterday morning while eating breakfast.  He was very excited and bouncing all over.  I told him to calm down and mind his manners.  With in a minute or two he asked:

“So, was that my manners tooth that I lost?  Because I’m not minding my manners right now?” 

As I turned to give him a look- he acknowledged me with a knowing grin!

*****************************************************

However then he proceeded for the first time to say he was going to trick the tooth fairy tonight by hiding his tooth somewhere other than under his pillow, just to see if the tooth fairy is for real…or if it is the parents!  Because…his friend told him he did that, and the tooth fairy didn’t come- so it must be the parents.

I told him I didn’t think so.  It’s not me.  It’s not Dad.  So last night Tyson gingerly placed it in the bottom drawer of his lamp.

This morning his tooth was gone and he had $1 in it’s place with a note from the Tooth Fairy asking why he didn't place it under his pillow, she almost couldn’t find it and then he wouldn’t have gotten any money for it.

Phew…’nough said!  all I’m ask’n for is another year, please.

1 comment:

Makell said...

Oh that is a sad day when you hear the words.."my friend told me ...." I wanted to kill my neighbor's kids that told Ethan when he was 4. I have tried to get him back on the wagon, but there is always this sliver of doubt. Hold out as long as you can!!