I still remember attending the open house of the Jordan River Temple. I was between 7 and 8 yrs old. I remember winding the beautiful halls of the structure like it was yesterday, and the light shining effortlessly though one large window as we made our way to the second floor.
I am so Grateful Todd and I had the opportunity to take Tyson and Alyssa to the open house of the Oquirrh Mountain Temple. We went with Todd’s Uncle & Aunt Bob & Cristy, their boys, Grammy,Grandpa,Lesa,Sierra and Sky.
We had been working all day in the yard and were very dirty. When it was time to get ready I told Tyson to shower and get dressed. He asked if we should dress up. I said yes. 15 minutes later, he walked down the stairs with his new suit on, asking where his tie was. Our hearts overflowed. This little son of mine had not only known he need to dress nice, but decided on his own to put on his very best clothing to go to the temple. He has only worn his suit once since he was baptized. He skipped the slacks and short sleeve plaids, for something he knew was special.
This kid did not make a peep through the entire open house. He was so respectful and reverent on his own accord. His little mind took everything in and I wonder to myself, what he was really thinking.
I hope he felt the spirit that night and will remember it as a special day.
As for Alyssa- the STINKER! that little 4 yr old is pushing every button she can these days. But of course we still love every little bone in her body. Speaking of bones, she gets her cast off tomorrow. She’s been a trooper, and last night said how excited she is.
“It’s really been bugging me a lot mommy.” (the cast)
2 comments:
Yay, yay, yay! Cast off day!!!
what a neat experience...i'd LOVE to take my kids to an open house.
They look so cute and dressed up and ready to go!
Post a Comment