There is no greater happiness for a man than approaching a door at the end of a day knowing someone on the other side of that door is waiting for the sound of his footsteps.
-Ronald Reagan-
The kids and I were excited to share the day with their Daddy. They spent a good amount of time Saturday night while he was away for a bit, painting a one of a kind ‘work shirt’ for Todd to wear while doing yard work or gardening. Boy it’s a piece of Art (eek!) if I do say so myself. The tomatoes on vines design is one from their very own imagination. I put the Jersey stripe on the sleeves for just a little masculine input. We grabbed Alyssa’s felt made crown for Daddy to wear as well. It fit just perfectly!
Todd requested Flank Steak pinwheels with Spinach and Gorgonzola. We had a nice French Toast Brunch as well.
We were blessed to have John & Anne, as well as Lesa and the kids come over this evening for a few hours to have some treats and play a game.
The kids and I gave Todd a map of the world for Father’s Day. He has wanted one to keep track of his/our travels. As we put the pins in, we sure realized although he has traveled quite a bit… looking at the entire world laid out in front of us…the majority of the land was not even touched. SOMEDAY!
When I asked Todd one of the thing he loves most about his father he said it is the unfaltering way he uses his time and talents to help his sons and others with…well pretty much anything…whether it be projects, yards, cars, planning trips or whatever. He is willing to sacrifice and be involved in anyway he can. He is a great example of service.
I also want to add a fond memory of my dad growing up. That would be his warm hugs and loves. I always felt safe. Even still as an adult I enjoy those hugs from him. They are never rushed. Although they are fewer and father between, he will always make time to put his arms around me and give me a kiss on the forehead or top of my hair. There is something about a Father’s tender touch that can transcend anything that words might express. Even when there are times we may not be getting a long, at the end of the day sometimes that simply expression of love from him, lets me know that no matter what, I will always be his daughter and he my dad. That love between any Father and Child, is eternal and extends far beyond this lifetime. I thank him for teaching me that.
Lastly I want to add that I woke up in an unusual way today. Before I opened my eyes I had a specific phrase run through my head. I remember hearing it and then slowly opened my eyes to have those words clear as day in my mind. I have had them repeat in my mind through out the day. It has been such a comfort to me. I’m not sure what I was dreaming about- but it ended this morning with the sun peering through my window shades and these words said/thought clearly in my mind:
I am God. I am with you forever.
…Then I opened my eyes, looked at the sun peering through the shades, and then the clock showing 6:34am. I was wide awake for a good 20 minutes before I fell back asleep.
I’m not sure why I thought those words. But again, they were very clear. What a wonderful phrase to have in my mind. I have enjoyed the comforting reminder on this Father’s Day, that we all have a loving Father in Heaven who knows each of his children by heart. I am truly thankful for all that He has given me. And for the tender mercies He continues to extend through out this mortal life.
1 comment:
What a great post -I love that you woke up to those words. That is your own personal message to keep for whenever you need it. Good job on the t-shirt!!
Post a Comment