1.21.2009

SPACE INVADERS!

 

2.9+2.9+4.1+4.5+7.9+9.1 = WHAT?

The ages of 6 little creatures who:

 

Run and sing and dance and scream

and laugh and cry and poop,

They pout and moan, or giggle and groan,

and jump around to boot!

 

Todd and I had an awesome opportunity/responsibility of caring for 6 fun and full of it children this weekend.  4 of which were 4 and under.

We had my brothers kids come to stay while Carson & Ang enjoyed a quick get away.

…and I would like to take this time to tell my MY HUSBAND how much I LOVE HIM!  I am so thankful to have married such an amazing man that is willing to be an incredibly good sport and an involved father and uncle, especially in times like this. (note the willingness to wear a princess crown for Halle below). 

I could not have survived the weekend alone without his help…allowing me to sleep a little extra in the mornings, while he got up and played with the early risers.  I was even able to escape with a friend one night for a bit- and he stayed with the kiddos.  (NOTE- 4 of them were asleep…the small 4! :0)

For the first day Alyssa just about went BALISTIC having to share her new Christmas and Birthday toys.  Then again, this 4 yr old frowned if someone sat on the wrong chair, or looked at her wrong or sang a little song minding their own business. (hence the plugged ears in exhibit A below) 

Poor little Easton finally started to stick up for himself and then we really had a show.  These two enjoyed a love hate relationship of

MY DOLLAR IS BIGGER.  NO MINE IS.

MY CHAIR IS BIGGER.  NO MINE IS.

I’M TALLER.  I’M OLDER. 

NO IT’S MY TURN TO SAY THE PRAYER!

However through it all we managed to have a fantastic NON-STOP time and it was great.  Children are truly gifts from GOD.  And if I can say that even after this past weekend…then it MUST be true.

WITHOUT FURTHER ADO- THE CAST AND CREW…

056

no. 1 on the POP chart.  

133

This is how we roll.  Pimp’n the ride.

138

Bridging the gap.

229

McCade, you missed us didn’t you?!  :0) 

165

------------------------------------------

*NOW FEATURING:  4.1 and 4.5

288

4.1 says…Stop singing!    4.5 says…What? 

What am I doing…up above the world so…

001017

029075248249

My dollar is bigger! 

364015 

393394 

Halle sure nose how to stick up for herself.

031078

Scavengers!

 0301251061 

And the sweetheart award goes to…little Mr. 4.5!

Easton comes up to me as he sobs:

“Candy, I’m so so so sorry.  I tried hold on to them so tight.  But they just slipped out of my hands.  I really ssorry.  The cards are in the toilet.  They are in there.  In the toilet.”

Then…

Alyssa comes in from the backyard holding her knit hat that is now mutilated by the dog just a crying.  She says look what champ did.

Easton looks at it and then looks and Todd and I and starts to sob:

“I’m soo soo sorry.  I brought it out for you M’Alyssa.  so you wouldn’t be cold.  I sorry.  I forgot to bring it in.  Oh, (looking down…alyssa not helping) I’m so sorry.  I wanted it for you to be warm M’Alyssa.”

This little kid about broke my heart.  He is so tender.

And the best candid photo was that of him on this slide praying.  I don’t know what he was praying for…but OH, it was SO cute.

  

DEAR GOD,  PLLEASE help me get through the weekend!  

130

058067

However….sweet revenge Easton!  Just in case.

5 comments:

Sarah said...

Candy,
What a priceless weekend. I will say I think we got the better end of the deal although I think you got the best pics. We did go bowling but again my camera was at home. oops. If you need a new knit hat let me know. We have gone through 2 as well.

Holly said...

LOL this is great! You and Todd are great for doing that! Did it make you want to have more? I was getting anxious just reading your post. Ugh. LOL

Two words....birth control!

Makell said...

That little Easton is so sweet - what a tenderhearted little kid.
Well done with all of them - you are INVINCIBLE!!

Grammy and Gramps said...

It was so fun going to your house Sunday and just watching all those little ones!!! They all just seemed like one big happy family-all 8 of you! You are terrific and we love you guys so much!! By the way, we had a great time with Todd in Wis. You'll have to go the next time he goes.

Fiauna said...

How fun! We noticed the extras over there but didn't know how much fun you were having.