**Again, just a reminder…this blog is my way of journaling for our family, so feel free to skip any/all boring details/stories. I add them in for the future.**
I would like to say we had a great experience this morning with Alyssa’s little surgery. Everything went well according to plan…until we got home that is. She was so cute at the surgical center and even waved goodbye to Todd and I as they wheeled her away on the bed. I was actually pretty calm during the whole thing as well. When we saw her in the recovery, that’s when I started to get tears in my eyes. Just looking at her knowing the day would be miserable for her. I stroked her hair and she wanted Dada to hold her hand. She said her throat her really bad and her head felt funny. Poor thing. So we were there for about a half hour and then after her IV pain med was finished she popped right up hopped in Todd’s arms and was ready for an otter pop on the way out the door. She was happy to see Grammy & Grandpa there in the waiting room. We were thankful to have them there.
I expected to have a long day with her sleeping and sad. A time when I could hold and cuddle her as a mom giving comfort and support…BOY WAS I WRONG!
By the time we got home, she had finished her otter pop. We had stopped for an ice cream cone and she also wanted a biscuit which of course I said no. She talked half the way home. We walked in the door and she went straight for the go-gurt, and then a chocolate milk. The next 3 hours brought me trying to explain that she needed to rest because of her surgery. We watched Tinker Bell and other fun shows together. But still NO PAIN…NO PAIN. AND DEFIANTELY NO NAP! I waited for a good few hours before I gave her a dose of medicine, just so she would be covered-again 6 more hours of NO PAIN…NO PAIN. Just tonight finally at 9 she said (when asked) that her throat hurt a little bit when she swallowed.
So as the days go on I’m sure she’ll experience more pain, but as for now…WOW, I was not expecting that today. BUT definitely happy about it.
Grammy made us some of her YUMMY chicken dumpling soup. Alyssa & Tyson we thrilled that she brought color magic for them.
She went from this below
to this below with in an hour.
3 comments:
Hey Candy, it's Rochelle. It sure is difficult to take a child in for surgery. So smart of you to prepare her beforehand! I'm glad she's doing well. I have to admit I've been "lurking" every once in a while. I LOVE your blog!
i'm amazed!
good for her--good for YOU!
That is exactly what happened when Keelie broke her collar bone. She was in so much pain at the doctor's office that she eventually fell asleep. I thought for sure that once we were home she would continue to nap because she had cried soooo much earlier. Boy was I wrong. Once we gave her some Ibuprofen, she was awake for the rest of the day. Sure, she was still in pain and having a hard time moving around, but she didn't let it slow her down much.
You gotta hand it to kids; they take a lickin and keep on tickin.
Post a Comment