4.16.2012

EGG-STRA SPECIAL STAY-CATION 2012

It wasn’t exotic or a faraway land, but it was HOME, and it turned out to be a fun and memorable week!  I knew if we were really going to make staying at home into some sort of fun vacation, then I needed to have a good plan in place.  So a few weeks before Spring Break, we talked about ideas of things we could do with the kids each day, but still have down time at home, and not over plan.  Also we tried to make a plan that could be switched up if need be.  Which us mom’s and dad’s know is the number one rule of making family plans…be flexible!

I then typed up an outline of our itinerary and printed out a copy of our plans for the week.  They were excited about this tangible itinerary.  It helped them realize this was something to look forward to, and gave some fun anticipation, which I think is important for kids sometimes.  I included the day, activities and meals plans for breakfast, lunch and dinner.  I also included the meals we would be eating out- so it got the kids excited to look forward to that.  I titled it our EGG-STRA SPECIAL STAY-CATION to go along with Easter.  ;0)

 

IMG_6221

No comments: