4.27.2012

EASTER SUNDAY 2012

We had a beautiful Easter Sunday.  Our church is at 11 am, so Sunday mornings make for a smoother transition than when we go at 9 am.  After church we came home and got ready for Grammy, Gramps, Lesa, Kira, Sierra & Sky to join us for Easter Dinner.  Anne cooked up a delicious ham along with a delicious casserole and Sara’s Salad.  Lesa brought a Lion House Pasta Salad and we made our Blacked Chicken Caesar Salad, Frog Eye Salad and Deviled Easter Eggs of course.  I was lucky enough to snag some éclairs at our local Bakery for dessert.  I know, it’s funny to document what we had for dinner on holidays all the time, but really…good food…good company…isn’t that really what it’s all about?  Which reminds me, how could I forget about the brightly colored rolls I bought at the bakery as well.  Todd couldn’t quite wrap his mind around the cuteness, but he sure wrapped his mouth around a few of them.

Lesa and the girls introduced us to the game Apples to Apples.  We’d never played it before.  It’s a fun one, and Grammy took the grand prize of bragging rights with it.  Ty, Sky and Alyssa played games and with the dog most of the time.

I grabbed a few shots of the kids right before dusk.  I just wanted one good smile outa each of them.  Tyson’s been growing his hair out a bit—boy he LOVES to swing those bangs around, which results in a luscious feathered puff of, well… swoopiness!  :0) 

As the day wound down, I couldn't help but have the peaceful reminder of my Savior, and the comforting knowledge that He lives.  That he rose from the tomb in eternal resurrection, that we may all have the opportunity to accept eternal life with Him.  I couldn’t help but also retract into a space in my memory the humbling imprint of standing at the entrance of the garden tomb, just one year ago, the week before Easter.  Experiencing something of that magnitude has changed my perspective on life for it’s remainder.   My recognition of all that this Earthly life is to be has been magnified beyond my scope of comprehension.  Which in essence translates to an Eternal deficit of gratitude for The Atoning Jesus Christ. 

ALYSSA EASTER 2012 ATYSON EASTER 20122012-04-11270109

No comments: