I was excited to tell Tyson that I was planning to join his class for their fieldtrip this week. “Isn’t that awesome, bud?” I said…
“Um, no.”
“What? Oh. Do you? not? want me to? go?”
“No.”
“Well. Ok.” I say.
Later that night while sitting on the couch with Todd and Tyson. I mentioned it to Todd. He looked at me and snickered. Then turned to Tyson and said.
“I’ll go with you.”
“No.” (hahahah I thought as I smirked at Todd while watching reality write all over his is face.)
So, needless to say…Tyson proceeded to tell us that I was a Geek and Todd is a Nerd. So he doesn’t want us to come with him.
“Well how do you KNOW we are Geeks and Nerds” we asked.
“Because I just know you are Mom.”
“And because I saw Dad’s yearbook. Someone wrote:
“I guess you’re pretty cool, even though you’re a nerd.”
“Also, Dad. I know what you do for work. And I have seen your office.”
“OK. well do you think so and so’s parents are nerds and geeks. And what about the other so and so’s parents.” (It can’t be just US, right? we thought. It’s GOT to be ALL parents)
“I don’t know. I just don’t know them in that way. I don’t know what they do for jobs and that sort of stuff.”
A day later Tyson says…
“Don’t I get to come to the U2 concert with you guys?”


1 comment:
My kids think I'm a big goofball. We turn in super heroes later.
Post a Comment