I attended the BYU WOMENS CONFERENCE a little over a week ago. I really enjoyed the sessions I attended. Our of the 65 break-out sessions I attended, I loved a good 4 of them. They were soul feeding! On Friday, Todd met me after my last class and we went to the Carl Bloch art exhibit. His alter pieces were stunning! To see these in person is amazing. The colors in the highlighting, and the brushstrokes of the facial features and detailing were exquisite. (I’m an art lover- not connoisseur but definite appreciator) My 2 favorite were- Doubting Thomas and another one that I cannot find anywhere on the web. I have searched for it. I cannot recall the name. It was a depiction of after Christ was taken from the cross. He was lying on the ground at night in preparation to go to the tomb. Joseph of Aramathea was holding a lantern in the dark and ready to show the way. Very intimate. It was beautiful.

No comments:
Post a Comment