1.18.2011

AND TRUST MORE…

In any relationship, the essence of trust

is not in its bind, but in its bond. 

So hold the hand of the person who you love

rather than expecting them to hold yours.

~unknown

It’s been a while since our family has focused on one the family values from our mission statement.  This past fall, when school started we chose our TRUST value to work on.  Then, little did I know that I would be put to the test with the Lord by my side to learn a little more about that.  With Alyssa entering Kindergarten and my thoughts turning to ideas of what hats I need and want to be wearing for this next phase of life, I was put to the test of need to trust that the Lord has a plan for me.  That my Father in Heaven loves me and knows where and when he wants me to give of my time and talents.  Who he wants me to serve and what he wants me to learn and develop.  I have been given many blessings in my life that directly come from learning to trust in life and the things that matter most.

So, now again, with the calm that sets in this time of year, where schedules return and renewal is present- our family has decided to try and focus on this value again.  I am able to teach my children with a little different perspective than what I would have had just 4 months ago.

Trust in the lord with all thy heart and lean not unto thine own understanding, and in all things he will direct thy path.   ~psalms

 

 

1 comment:

LL said...

SUCH GREAT QUOTES!