We experienced some rather finicky weather in August. Rain, then shine, strong winds, a dab of shine, semi-warm, maybe not, a sprinkle here, now THUNDER, ok, back to a pinch of sun.
I happened to have my camera near (imagine that) and the window cracked when I heard drops of laughter from down the street getting nearer. I opened my door to see these five little ducks, or rather five little chickies, just a flit’n as fast as they could from house to house for shelter under the porches. Then they would giggle again and head out once more. They stayed on my porch for a while to chat, then just before they left my cozy nest, we all were in for a show. Suddenly we saw a FLASH of lightning streak by, then we took a second look and realized it wasn’t a flash of lightning after all. Nope- it was just Tyson FAST AS LIGHTNING! He darted out of our driveway at LIGHTNING SPEED with such a fun grin on his face. He rode round and round with the rain on his face. “AH, what a welcomed sight”, he must’ve thought.
After the show was over, the little chicks were ready to move on again. When they left my porch, I couldn’t help but say to them,
1 comment:
I love those warm and wet summer days. Pure fun!
Post a Comment