1.27.2010

LULLABY & GOODNIGHT

Last night I snuggled my girl in bed for a bit.  I put my arms around her (and 4 of her favorite stuffed animals).  I softly started to sing…

Rock- a- bye Baby in the tree tops…

“Mom,  I’m not a baby.”

Oh.  Ok.

You are my sunshine, my only sunshine…

“Mom, I’m not your son, I’m your daughter.”

Alright.

“Twinkle twinkle little…

“Still a baby song!”

So, I got creative.  I made up a song of a beautiful little daughter, who was a princess and soo wonderful…la la la la la…

…and a slumbering did she go…

2 comments:

Makell said...

So sweet, Candy :) They grow up so fast that they have to tell you that they're not babies anymore!!

Grammy and Gramps said...

Boy, the new things they have now for teeth, jaws, etc!! They look so cute!! They're little troppers for wearing that every night-but it will be worth it! Love you guys! Thanks for the coke e-mail, Todd-got one from Tommy, also. We've already decided not to get drink passes on the cruise-but dad's the weak one!!!!