A friend & I made these Advent Calendars for November. These pictures don’t show all the fun details, but each square is a pocket that represents the first 24 days in the month. My kids have little paper sticks to write on, and my neighbor has cute cut out leafs to go in her pockets. The kids get to write down something they are thankful for each day in the month.
We have been excited to get these started for the kids since last month’s holiday, though lots of fun…is definitely not centered around the same spirit that these up coming holidays are.
Another idea that I thought was neat that was sent to me was to have a cute jar filled with different things each day that we can be thankful for and suggestions on activities for the kids to do each day that represent their thanks. We are sticking to the advent to keep things more simple around here as the hustle and bustle picks up so quickly for us. But I love the jar idea and wanted to document it possibly for another month or year.
4 comments:
i love this - what a cool idea. I'm going to see if I can get Eva to make one up for me :)
I tried this idea, only I did it for nightly scripture reading. Of course, it would have turned out better if you'd done it.
Thanks for sharing your idea.
Ok those are so cute! Could I just give you money to make me one please :)
Hi! I am a visitor to your blog and I think these are so cute! I was wondering if you could tell me more about how you made them. Like are they cloth or paper and where did you get all of the cute things for the holders, etc.. Thanks!
Post a Comment