11.29.2009

HAPPY HAPPY JOY JOY

Another Birthday for me, one year older and wiser too.  Well, ok so maybe not wiser- but definitely happy!  Todd and the kids surprised me with a yummy gummy bear cake.  Yep- and the gummies even spelled my name.

IMG_1528

While Todd was out with his buddies the other night, I took the kids to the store to pick out some fun little ornaments for their own little trees.  We grabbed some hot chocolate and decorated the night away.

IMG_1687

Tyson and Alyssa both had Thanksgiving Feasts at school before the holiday.  Tyson’s teacher said they could dress up if they wanted.  We happened to have a friend with a cool native American outfit- Tyson was so excited to wear it.  Todd was worried he would be a nerd.  I said I didn’t really care because this little boy was so happy wearing it and felt confident with it.  So I tried to nurture his feelings and off he went for the day.  But not without warning him that some kids might poke fun…he still said, I know, it won’t bother me.  That’s what made MY day.  When he came home he was in an even better mood.  Not a negative feeling in sight.   Whew!

IMG_1705

No comments: