5.16.2008

LOOK MOM, I'M SO, SO BEAUTIFUL


WOW! I was spared today. This is what Alyssa happened to do upstairs within less than minutes. I had given her a little bag of a few old makeup items she could use to put on in front of her little bedroom vanity mirror. What I didn't know is that there was a small sample bottle of Ruby Red Fingernail Polish in there as well.

So down she comes a few minutes later to show me how beautiful she looks -and out stick her hands, showing me her 10 little fingers, then out goes her leg as she points her little foot showing me her toes. I GASP!!


I thought I was in for a horror scene upstairs. With drops and streaks of RED all over. I didn't want her to be upset, cause she didn't know any better and was SO proud of herself. So I said as calmly as I could while freaking out inside "Gorgeous Girl, come show me where you painted your nails...(NOW!) We ran upstairs into her room, and guess what I found...NOTHING! Not a drop!

"Where's the nail polish, Alyssa"

"I put it away"

"Where did you put it?" Still scouring the carpet, comforter, etc.

"It's in my banity drawer, mom. Wight here".

And there is was. She opened her drawer to show me the bottle of polish neat inside with a few makeup items. NO RED ANYWHERE TO BE FOUND...not eve a drop on her vanity, where she said she put her toes up to paint them.

I DON'T GET IT! HOW DID SHE DO IT? -MERCY FOR ME?.

She played with friends the rest of the day and was able to show off her unique glamour & fashion girl approach to life. I was able to snap a shot at the end of the day...her nail polish was already starting to chip and she wanted to repaint them. Not tonight sweetie. I can't find the bottle. ;0)

5 comments:

Heather said...

Wow! That is luck you don't get very often. Gosh, I can't even paint my nails without spilling or dripping on SOMEthing! Way to go Alyssa!

Candy McCall said...

You are so right. I don't EVER paint without something underneath. I'm a lucky or duck...or should I say Alyssa is.

Shelby said...

close call, you lucky duck! She did a great job! I freak out over nail polish, good on you mom!

Holly said...

LOL...I love it! She did a great job! With 4 girls I have all my polish hidden! UGH.

Makell said...

Crap - When I paint my own nails it looks like a 6 year old did it! You were right - you were totally spared!!! So cute though - I loved how you handled it.:)